Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Lucky gal

It's my birthday. I was a bit depressed about it last night for some reason, so I stopped at Safeway and bought myself some pink frosted sprinkled cookies. I almost bought a hula girl mylar balloon, too, but I thought that would be pushing pathetic. The heaviest thoughts have been drifting through my head, but now that I'm here, writing, they've all hidden from me like munchkins. Come out come out wherever you arrrrrrre! What a perfectish day it's been. Just after midnight, Coalmine called and wished me a happy birthday. So dreamy. . . . I love that guy. No, really, I love that guy. Then at 6:45 a.m.ish, Ona called! My sister called just before work, and then Grandma and Dani called during work. I just arrived at my second job, to be blasted with "happy birthday" by everyone I passed in the halls. Now, at my cubicle, I am surrounded by streamers and balloons (INCLUDING that mylar hula girl!) and palm trees and peaches, because I told them a long time ago that I just wanted to be eating peaches on a beach! What an amazing bunch of folks I have in my life. I didn't remind anyone in any big way, but here they all are, showering me with love. I am such a lucky gal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home