Friday, November 11, 2005

oh, why, hello there

Why is it that I can think of nothing clever for the blogger blogs, but then I get onto the world's cheesiest and biggest waste of time (Myspace), and suddenly I'm writing these witty and profound commentaries? Perhaps it's just that after reading all of the other crap on there ("Rank my hot photos!" or "If you woke up next to the person above you on this list, what would you say?" or "check out my new pix"), my stuff just sounds more intelligent. On this little avenue, it's all mine, and it's a broad and empty canvas. So here's my graffiti.

Today is Coalmine Day in Sebastopol. Apparently, Mr. Spooner, the old mayor of Sebastopol, granted my boyfriend his own day, in honor of him. Coalmine's charmed his way into owning a whole day. . . and VETERAN'S DAY at that. There is a BANK HOLIDAY in honor of Coalmine! I get paid to do nothing! So to celebrate, we're going to San Francisco to see my Mendocino friends' jug band, "Kerosene Kondors" play at The Knockout. Actually, I planned this already, but let's just say it's in honor of him. Really, I feel like we should stay in Sebastopol and have a parade with giant blue-haired cartoon balloons of Coalmine, and a blue-haired marching band, where people throw coffee at the crowd instead of candy. So, we'll be SPENDING THE NIGHT in San Francisco tonight, at his brother's house, and then celebrating his brother's birthday with the whole family at some fancy restaurant on Saturday. I'm hoping to get some holiday shopping in. I don't care WHAT we do; I'm just excited about getting to hang out down there for so long! I haven't done that since I was a teenager. I love San Francisco mornings. I'm gonna try to wake up early and wander through the fog, down to a coffee shop for an au lait and a bagel.

Other than that, things are the same. My sister, Lance, Nick, and Ava are trying to find a new place in Fort Bragg. The house they are living in is being sold, and apparently they have to be out in a week! They've found nothing, and haven't even started packing. Anne is trying for an extention under some provision stating that if you have a young child, you can get an extention until you secure a new home. We're keeping our fingers crossed - I know how stressed Anne and Lance can get. Ava's still cute as hell, but has taken to swearing. I still think it's cute as hell, but for the sake of relatives reading this, I'll pretend it's a bad thing. Even when Ava was sent to her room for swearing, she sat there whispering the "F" word over and over and over. So cute. . . I mean. . dirty. She's just at the stage where she's trying to test Anne as much as possible, and push the limits. She's just acting exactly like her mother used to act at Ava's age.

In closing. . .on track, stay the course, a thousand points of light. .. .and have a happy COALMINE DAY!! . . .and an adequate Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home