Monday, February 27, 2006

Soul

I was just driving to work, and Aretha Franklin came on the radio. My god, I haven't felt that high from music in a long time. I was just thinking my music collection needs a good dose of soul. It's a good day. . . I had a great weekend. I've been practicing for my big month of no alcohol, no meat, no dairy, no caffeine, and extra-limited refined sugar intake. So, sober for days now, I went on a great hike on Saturday, read a great book, enjoyed a book club meeting about it, watched "Lost," and built cozy fires while rain pounded down outside. I think the sugar part will be the most difficult, so I'm trying to generate some ideas about naturally sweetened treats; dates, maple syrup, hmmmm. I'm feeling damn good. We'll see what a week of work does to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home